Missing, Lost or Stolen Parking Permits
Transportation Services officially lists annual permits missing when:
- A missing permit report is filed by a permit holder who suspects the permit is lost or stolen
- The permit holder leaves the university without returning the permit to the parking office
- Parking fee payments have lapsed and the parking office is unable to contact the permit holder
Immediately report a missing permit.
- File a missing permit report and take it to a parking office.
- Only the registered permit holder can file a missing permit report.
- Annual permit replacements are free.
- Short-term permit replacements must be purchased, so protect your short-term permit.
- Your lost or stolen permit becomes invalid after you file a missing permit report.
- Report any loss or theft of permits your department or organization has purchased in bulk.
- Take proof-of-purchase documentation to a parking office to cancel a lost or stolen permit and add it to the missing-permits list.
- Contact the UC San Diego Police immediately if multiple permits are missing.
- Purchase replacement permits at the parking office. A discounted rate is available in some situations — complimentary replacements are not available.
To ensure you’re not displaying a missing permit:
- Purchase your permit from UC San Diego only.
- Refuse any offer to use a permit someone else purchased.
- Return a found permit to the parking office immediately. The penalty for using a permit that’s been reported missing is $350.
Contact a parking office.