Charter a UCSD Shuttle Bus for Campus Events
Due to limited vehicle and driver availability, Transportation Services is suspending weekday charter service. We will accept weekend charter requests that comply with all other policies.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause our customers. For a list of outside vendors that may be able to assist with your charter needs, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On weekdays, two 20-passenger buses
- On weekends, six 20- to 36-passenger buses
- No availability during finals week in any academic quarter
- Stated capacity refers to seated passengers. Safety regulations prevent any standing passengers on Charters.
- If travel time allows, drivers can make repeated trips to accommodate more riders.
- The rate is $100 per hour per bus, 2 hours minimum, for all bus sizes.
- Cost includes a professional driver.
- The billing period begins 30–60 minutes before the first pickup, and ends 30–60 minutes after the final dropoff, depending on the distance from campus. This lets the driver inspect the vehicle, as required by the Department of Transportation.
- Charter periods cannot exceed 2 business days.
- Off-campus locations must be within a 50-mile radius. Buses do not travel to Mexico or transport to bars.
- Discuss requests outside these guidelines with Don Riddle, (858) 822-5633.
Use the online shuttle reservation request tool at least 2 weeks in advance of your event:
- Complete a separate form for each day of service.
- Provide detailed driving directions for each off-campus pick-up and drop-off location.
- If you don’t receive e-mail confirmation within 1 business day, contact a lease coordinator, (858) 534-6282.
- Your driver or a representative from Transportation Services will review the contract with you and confirm any special instructions.
- The driver cannot deviate from the instructions agreed upon in the contract.
- No eating and drinking allowed on buses.