Pay by App Pilot Program
Transportation Services recently partnered with Parkmobile to pilot a service that allows users to pay for and extend parking sessions using a smartphone or web app. This service includes geo-fencing for guidance and wayfinding as well as customizable expiration reminders so you can extend your session conveniently by phone.
Where You Can Pay by App
Service is currently available in these parking lots:
- P002 and P003 – Scripps Institution of Oceanography
- P113 – Old Student Center
- P504 – Warren College
- P506 – Canyonview Pool
- P507 and P510 – Campus Service Complex
Get the Parkmobile App
- Easy to register and use.
- Save time and money by extending your parking session from anywhere.
- Choose from multiple payment options.
- Save “Favorite” and recently used zones.
- See suggested nearby zones.
- Set customizable parking expiration reminders.
- Add up to five license plate numbers on your account.
- Share with campus visitors before they arrive.
- Park at other locations throughout San Diego.
How to Pay by App
Park in any of the lots listed above and look for the Parkmobile sign or sticker.
- Using the Parkmobile app:
- Enter in the parking zone number listed on the sign to start your parking session.
- Opt-in to receive a notification before your parking session expires.
- Using the web app (for non-smartphone users) or toll-free number on signs or stickers:
- Provide your license plate number, parking zone number and payment information to start your parking session.
- Choose to set up email or text message alerts 15 minutes before your parking session expires.
Watch a video demonstration.