Electric Vehicle Charging Stations at UC San Diego
With funding from the Department of Energy’s EV Project, UC San Diego has installed several public electric vehicle (EV) charging stations.
Parking at EV charging stations
- A valid UC San Diego A, B, S or V parking permit is required to park in campus or medical center EV charging station parking spaces.
- A vehicle that is parked in an “EV Charging Only” space but is not actively charging may be cited and/or towed. (CVC Section 22511)
- Vehicles parked in “EV Charging Only” parking spaces with a posted time restriction may not exceed the posted time limit. Parked vehicles that exceed the posted time limit may be cited (CVC 21113A).
- Level II chargers have a 4-hour maximum limit.
- DC Fast Chargers have a 1-hour limit.
All Scripps Institution of Oceanography stations (map)
- Lot P004 (Ritter Hall): 1 single level II charger
- Lot P013 (Marine Ecosystem Sensing, Observation and Modeling): 1 single level II charger
- Lot P014 (W.M. Keck Building): 1 dual level II charger
- Lot P017 (Birch Aquarium): 1 single level II charger
All main campus stations (map)
- Lot P103 (Revelle College): 1 dual level II charger
- Lot P206 (Faculty Club): 1 single level II charger
- Lot P208 (Muir College): 1 single DC fast charger
- Lot P341 (Hopkins Parking Structure, level 1): 2 single level II chargers
- Lot P343 (Hopkins Parking Structure, level 3): 1 single level II charger
- Lot P375 (Pangea Parking Structure, level 5): 3 dual level II chargers
- Lot P403 (Structural and Materials Engineering): 2 single level II chargers
- Lot P411 (Center Hall, University Center): 1 single DC fast charger
- Lot P452 (Gilman Parking Structure, level 2): 4 single level II chargers
- Lot P610 (Osler Lane, School of Medicine): 3 dual level II chargers
- Lot P703 (East Campus Academic): 5 DC fast chargers, 5 dual level II chargers
- Lot P722 (East Campus East Parking Structure, upper level): 3 single level II chargers
- Lot P733 (East Campus West Parking Structure, bottom of ramp below street level): 1 single and 2 dual level II chargers
UC San Diego Health – Hillcrest
- Lot P922 (Bachman Parking Structure, South, level 2 near parking office): 3 single chargers
- Elliot Field (Scripps Reserve): 1 single level II charger
- Marine Facility (MARFAC, Scripps Reserve): 1 single level II charger
- Charging stations
- Rates: Members $0.49/kWh; guests $0.59/kWh
- Charging stations
- Rate: $.15kWh
EVgo Level II and DCfast chargers
- San Diego County plans
- If you have questions about subscribing, operating chargers or your EVgo account, call 1-855-509-5581.
- Charging plans:
- Power User: $.16kWh with a $4.95 monthly fee
- Commuter: $.22kWh with no monthly fee