Parking regulations are enforced daily, without exception, where posted:
- “A permit required 7 days a week, 24 hours a day”
- "No parking 2 a.m. - 5 a.m."
- Disabled: See Parking with Disabled Person Placards or License Plates.
- UC vehicles only
- Service yard
- Loading zone
- Special event reserved
Follow parking rules and tips below to avoid costly citations.
Without explicit authorization from the parking office, park clear of:
- Unmarked curbs
- Undeveloped areas
- Landscaped areas
- Areas under construction
- Any other unmarked area
- Within 15 feet of a fire hydrant
- Blocking a fire lane
- Along a red curb
Parking lot entrance signs indicate:
- The type(s) of permit(s) allowed
- Hours of enforcement
Individual signs and stencils may indicate:
- Restricted or reserved parking
- Time-controlled zones
- Green or white passenger zone: 3-minute limit unless otherwise posted
- Loading zone: Observe the posted time limit, even with a Disabled Person placard or plates.
- Service yard: See Lots That Require an Access Sticker.
- Yellow curb: 20-minute limit unless otherwise posted
Restricted, reserved and time-controlled zones are enforced at all times, without exception. Notify parking enforcement, (858) 822-3379, if you can't move your car within the time limit specified in a time-controlled zone.
If you plan to park in the following lots during the hours listed, you must pick up and display an access stamp or sticker (no additional fee) that affixes to your UC San Diego parking permit.
Lots P001 – P010 (map)
Scripps Institution of Oceanography (SIO)
- 7 a.m. – 11 p.m. daily
- SIO access stickers are available at the SIO Director's office to SIO affiliates only.
Lot P354 (map)
San Diego Supercomputer Center (SDSC)
- 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. weekdays
- SDSC access stickers are available at the SDSC reception desk to SDSC affiliates only.
Lot P384 (map)
Sanford Consortium for Regenerative Medicine
- 7 a.m. – 11 p.m. weekdays
- Access card also required 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. weekdays
- Sanford Consortium access stickers and cards are only available at the Gilman Parking Office to UC San Diego employees who work at Sanford Consortium and purchase a UC San Diego parking permit.
Lot P416 (map)
- 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. weekdays
International Center access stickers are available at the International Center reception desk to International Center affiliates only.
Service Yard spaces
- 24 hours daily
- Service Yard access stickers are available at the campus parking office. To request approval, submit the Service Yard Sticker Application (PDF).
Official Business stickers may be subject to time limits in Service Yard spaces. To apply, submit the Official Business Supplement Application (PDF).
- Only in an emergency situation or by authorization from Transportation Services can you repair your vehicle on university property.
- If your vehicle breaks down, forcing you to park illegally, immediately notify parking compliance, (858) 534-8108.
- The Motorist Assistance Program, (858) 534-8108, can help you with:
- A battery jump
- An empty fuel tank
- Tire inflation
For rare medically related circumstances, Transportation Services may authorize camping on university property.