- Avoiding citations
- Pay or appeal citations online
- Pay a citation
- Appeal a citation
- Citation penalties
If you do not pay or appeal your ticket:
- After 21 days — The citation is delinquent, the penalty doubles, and you lose your option to appeal.
- After 45 days — The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) places a hold on the vehicle registration and adds $20 to the doubled penalty.
Several unpaid citations can lead to:
- 5 unpaid, delinquent citations — Parking enforcement officers will lock an immobilization boot on your vehicle. You must pay all parking penalties within 24 hours to avoid towing.
- 24 hours after the boot — If penalties remain unpaid, a local towing company will tow the vehicle off UCSD property.
- 5 citations at the DMV — Any San Diego or UC police officer can tow the vehicle without warning.
- To reclaim your towed vehicle, you must pay towing costs, daily vehicle storage fees, and all parking penalties.
Contact Citations & Enforcement.