UC San Diego Student Summer Pass

Compass Card

The Triton U-Pass program, funded by quarterly fees, offers students unlimited transit access during fall, winter and spring quarters. U-Pass does not provide transit access during the summer. The current Triton U-Pass ID card sticker is valid through June 30, 2017.

Transportation Services and student and campus leaders worked with MTS to offer students a discounted transit pass again this summer. Summer Pass is a Compass Card that:

  • Allows unlimited access to regional MTS and NCTD bus and rail routes, including the Trolley, Sprinter and new Rapid services
  • Is available online only and costs $36 — not transferable or refundable
  • Is valid June 1 through Sept. 30, 2017 to provide continuous transit access between spring and fall U-Pass


All UC San Diego undergraduate and graduate students continuing from spring quarter 2017 to fall quarter 2017 and students who are enrolled in Summer Session classes are eligible to purchase a Summer Pass.

Purchase a Summer Pass

Student Summer Pass online sales begin June 5, 2017. Buy Summer Pass

Purchase requires:

  • Single Sign-On access
  • A valid Visa, Mastercard, American Express card or student account

Note: Summer Pass is valid when you receive it until Sept. 30, 2017. Your receipt cannot be used in place of a Compass Card. If you don't receive your Summer Pass by mail within 7 days of purchase, contact Commute Solutions.

Using your Compass Card

  • Use the Compass Card with your UC San Diego photo ID. Bus operators or fare inspectors may ask for proof that you are a UC San Diego student.
  • Cards are not transferable or refundable.
  • To ride, tap your card on the Compass Card target located on or near the bus fare box, or on validator pedestals at Trolley stations.
  • Routes and schedules:
  • Use MTS and NCTD trip planning tools to plan a transit trip:
  • Report problems with Compass Card immediately to MTS. Call (619) 557-4555, weekdays 9 a.m.–5 p.m. During non-business hours, leave a recorded message. You can also complete the MTS Contact Form.

More rider information

Replacing a lost Compass Card

To replace a lost Compass Card, visit Commute Solutions in the campus parking office. Bring your current student photo ID.