Faculty, staff and students who live off-campus and don't hold an annual, quarterly or monthly parking permit can join the Coaster Club and receive a discount on monthly passes. (Extension students are not eligible.) The Coaster Shuttle provides connecting service between the Sorrento Valley Coaster Station and campus.
- Enjoy discount passes: UCSD partially subsidizes the cost of monthly Coaster passes for faculty, staff, and students.
- Park free when necessary: Receive a complimentary 10 Day permit each quarter.
- Emergency rides home: Register in advance for Guaranteed Ride Home, a SANDAG program that provides rides in case of illness, unscheduled overtime, or family emergencies. Registered users, dial 511 when you need a ride.
- Drive shared vehicles with Zipcar (when you meet eligibility requirements).
Coaster Club registration is free. Eligible members are responsible for paying discounted monthly Coaster pass fees, which are subject to change:
- 2 zones: $111 (full price, $150)
- 3 zones: $127 (full price, $165)
- Senior/Disabled: $23.50 (full price, $41.25) All zones*
*Seniors must provide a state-issued driver’s license, government-issued photo identification card, or an Senior/Disabled/Medicare Compass Card with integral photo identification when purchasing a Senior Pass, or boarding a transit vehicle with a Senior Pass.
- Does not qualify or issue Compass Cards for Persons with Disabilities or Medicare (see MTS Senior/Disabled/Medicare Discounted Fares)
- Is authorized to sell and add Senior/Disabled/Medicare fares to Compass Cards of eligible persons qualified as UCSD eligible affiliates.
- Register with the Coaster Club at the campus parking office when you buy your pass. Students must pay with cash or check. Bring:
- Valid UC San Diego ID
- Payment method
- Sign up for pretax payroll deduction. Submit a Transit Pass Payroll Authorization/Cancellation Form (PDF) by the 15th of the month. Two monthly pass payments are required in advance prior to start of payroll deduction.
- If unable to use payroll deduction, bring cash, credit card or check for every 30 days to renew your pass.
- Vehicle registration for up to three vehicles — registered to you, a family member, or an eligible domestic partner at a single address. (Undergraduates must do so within the first 6 weeks of the quarter.)
- At signup, you’ll receive:
- Your UC San Diego Compass Card
- A quarterly 10-Day parking permit (Undergraduates must pick up their permit within the first 6 weeks of the quarter.)
- Your Compass Card renews automatically and confirms your fare when you tap it on the fare validator.
- Tap at least once by the 14th of the usage month.
- Cash transactions must be completed by the 15th of the preceding month. (Appointments are available.)
- Report any problems immediately to Commute Solutions, (858) 534-7433.
- Report changes, cancellations and lost or stolen Compass Cards immediately (see below).
- Refunds are not available for Compass Cards. Lost or damaged cards incur a $15 replacement fee.
- Automatic payroll deduction continue unless you submit a new authorization form by the 15th of the month before the change becomes effective to ensure adequate cancellation time.
Contact Commute Solutions.