UC San Diego encourages safe cycling and is working to create a more bike-friendly campus. Students, faculty, and staff can:
- Join the Pedal Club and receive incentives for commuting by bike.
- Bikesharing offers GPS-equipped bikes for convenient campus transportation at discounted rates.
- Ride free Triton Bikes on campus.
- Bicycle helmet program: Get a $20 voucher at Commute Solutions and bring it with your UCSD ID to Campus Bike & Skate to receive $20 off your helmet purchase.
- Campus bicycle racks
- Arbor bike cage: 20-bike secure area at southwest corner of street entry level (8) of the Arbor Parking Structure. Request free electronic access at the Hillcrest parking office.
- Using a bus bike rack: A practice rack is mounted outside the parking office at the Gilman Parking Structure (map).
- 2012 Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Planning Study
- Campus Bike & Skate: Get your bike fixed or registered, or shop for accessories.
- UCSD Bike Safety Quiz: Test your knowledge of bicycle safety and courtesy.
- Campus bike laws and regulations:
- 511 San Diego: Live traffic conditions
- MTS Bikes on Buses and Trolleys
- NCTD Bike and Ride
- SANDAG Bicycle and Pedestrian Projects
- San Diego County Bicycle Coalition: News, events, classes, and more
- San Diego Street Division Service Request: Report where repairs are needed
- Caltrans Bicycle Program: Bicycle transportation policy, funding, planning, and technical expertise
- California Department of Motor Vehicles Bicycle Rules and Safety
- PedBikeInfo.org: Pedestrian and cycling-related materials
- League of American Bicyclists: Advocacy and support for bike-friendly communities
- Traffic Skills 101 free online course
- Bicycle Street Smarts: Legal and safe bicycling techniques for public roads. Pick up a copy at the Commute Solutions desk in Gilman Parking Structure (map).
- Google Maps offers directions for bicyclists. Click Get Directions and choose Bicycling from the drop-down menu.