CarpoolsFaculty, staff, and students who live off campus can participate in the carpool program. Undergraduates and Extension students must join during the first 6 weeks of the quarter.
- Save time: Carpools use high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes.
- Save money: Share the cost of an annual permit, gas, and vehicle maintenance.
- Park in reserved carpool spaces: Receive a reserved carpool space access sticker when you have 3 or more carpool members.
- Park free when necessary: Riders receive a complimentary 10 Day permit each quarter.
- Emergency rides home: Register in advance for Guaranteed Ride Home, a SANDAG program that provides rides in case of illness, unscheduled overtime, or family emergencies. Registered users, dial 511 when you need a ride.
- Drive shared vehicles: Pay no Zipcar application fee and receive rental credits (when you meet UC San Diego eligibility requirements).
- Find other UC San Diego faculty or staff looking to carpool, on your own or using UC San Diego’s Zimride Ridesharing Network. Each carpool:
- Consists of 2‒4 eligible members committed to carpooling daily; proof of appropriately sized vehicle(s) required for larger groups
- Must purchase and share a single valid multiyear, annual, or student quarterly parking permit
- Has a primary driver, but members can share driving responsibilities
- Can park in reserved carpool spaces, with valid sticker on the primary permit, if it has 3 or more registered members riding to/from campus together on that day (see carpool parking map)
- Register your carpool at the campus or Hillcrest parking office to receive incentives; registration is free.
- The faculty or staff permit owner registers as the primary driver, who then submits an approved list of carpool members.
- The student permit owner registers as the primary driver and all carpool members must come to the office together with the primary driver to register the carpool.
- At least three members must register as regular carpool riders to receive a reserved carpool space access sticker.
- Members receive quarterly incentive parking permits.
Contact Commute Solutions.